Thursday, April 26, 2012

Alls fair in a love and Baseball....

TWO blogs in ONE day?!!? Go, Kayla! Go, Kayla! GO!

What prompted THIS blog? Well... I was browsing Yahoo! like I do most evenings (spare me any Yahoo! hate. I. Don't. Care.) and I came across THIS article. Short story: guy at a Ranger's game caught a foul ball, and didn't give it to the kid next to him. Now, he didn't rub it in the kid's face (IN MY OPINION), he just didn't NOTICE the kid--PERIOD. He was called out by the commentator, his picture was/is being blasted all across the internet... He is pretty much a villain. The little boy was given a ball from the dugout. The Yahoo! article shows this heartbreaking picture of the little boy crying, all I can see is my Gunnar crying and me throat punching the dude. Even though I don't blame the guy! (Why, hello! Double standard! How nice to meet you!)

Why, if a kid is around, does the ball that is caught automatically HAVE TO be given to that kid? Why?  If I caught a baseball from PacBell Park (or whatever the current name of the SF Giants stadium), and Gunnar was not with me... You can bet your ASS I'll keep that ball! (well, no.. in reality, if there was a kid next to me, I would give the ball to him/her... see, I'm really NOT a bitch.)

Kayla


3 comments:

  1. hahaha! yeah, i'm with you... it's not YOUR fault you're more able bodied than an 8 yea old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really do the baseball scene, but I don't think the guy is a villain for keeping his ball. Tough luck to the kid. Sure, it would be nice to pass it off, but required? Nah. And this from the person who usually says the rest of the world is completely oblivious and selfish. Just not sure having to give up your baseball you caught is something that "needs" to be done to make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture the article shows tugs at the heart strings and makes you wanna punch the guy... but.. seriously... he caught the ball fair and square---err, round? baseballs are round, after all!

      Delete