Sunday, June 3, 2012

Have you ever...?

Have you ever felt so damn heartbroken when you finish a book series?

I do.

To the point that it's almost like a break-up, and it takes me a few days to adjust to the book(s) being over.

I finished Mockingjay (the 3rd book in The Hunger Games trilogy)last night. I cried... partly because of how it ended, and partly because the book ended.

So I started a new book this morning, The Screwtape by C.S. Leiws.. and while it's interesting, I just had to take a break.. I was too sad about The Hunger Games being over (and thinking about how in hell are they going to do the movies...). I feel this way about some books, not all--thankfully! 

1 comment:

  1. I am most definitely the same way! Like with Twilight, and Harry Potter. Last night I watched the last three Harry Potters and I literally started to cry at the end of it because I know there will never be a new one, and never be a new book! I am also like that with The House Of Night series, so whenever a new book comes out, I tend to read them all from the beginning so I don't feel shafted! I am waiting for the 9th to come out, and it's only going to be a 12 book series - i will die when it's done. It's a dreadful feeling!

    ReplyDelete